Originally Posted by dirtyfreebooter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachBmmr View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Just seeing this.

Your tires look like they got overheated. You should keep them below 180 in tpms and do cool downs when they climb over 180. Also 34 hot is too high in my experience they get greasy at that pressure and I wonder if your awd masked it. Based on your tread picture If definitely say you were overdriving the tires.

You definitely want to cool the brakes before coming in. Last lap should be slow enough to not touch the brakes. The ting ting sound will become a loud crack eventually of you don't.
yea, going really pay attention to the tire temps next time out. what PSI do you run hot? 32?

yea, normally i certainly do run 1-2 laps cooldown, but when your car is going into limp mode and you can't go > 50 mph and 3800 RPM, you can be a danger on the track, so i would come off and drive around the back parking lot for 5 min, lol. i noticed the pinging just when i stopped in the hot pit to let out pressure, but now i realized, maybe i should have done a cool down lap before even hot pitting.

also first time out with a big heavy car with tons of power, so was also just getting used to these new track behaviors. should be a lot better 2nd time around, and hopefully no turbos blow up.
Quote:
Quote:
Just seeing this.

Your tires look like they got overheated. You should keep them below 180 in tpms and do cool downs when they climb over 180. Also 34 hot is too high in my experience they get greasy at that pressure and I wonder if your awd masked it. Based on your tread picture If definitely say you were overdriving the tires.

You definitely want to cool the brakes before coming in. Last lap should be slow enough to not touch the brakes. The ting ting sound will become a loud crack eventually of you don't.
yea, going really pay attention to the tire temps next time out. what PSI do you run hot? 32?

yea, normally i certainly do run 1-2 laps cooldown, but when your car is going into limp mode and you can't go > 50 mph and 3800 RPM, you can be a danger on the track, so i would come off and drive around the back parking lot for 5 min, lol. i noticed the pinging just when i stopped in the hot pit to let out pressure, but now i realized, maybe i should have done a cool down lap before even hot pitting.

also first time out with a big heavy car with tons of power, so was also just getting used to these new track behaviors. should be a lot better 2nd time around, and hopefully no turbos blow up.
If you keep getting limp mode you should read the codes to figure out why. Probably still there as a stored code.
i pulled the codes at the track. boost related, bmw literally replaced one of my turbos…
Well fuck me…glad its fixed