Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
I'm not a fan of these. They look like generic aftermarket track wheels until you get close enough to see the cut-outs in the spokes. I'd save the $ and just rock the better looking wheels that come with the car.
Not sure you can make that statement without seeing them in person. You could be right, however.

I have the 763M wheels on my CS that ARE generic BBS knock offs without the cut outs and I would have preferred the two tone 666M wheels for aesthetic (not weight reduction) purposes on my F80 CS.
Yeah, I mean I hear you. These new wheels are basically the 763Ms on a diet. I just think the 763M actually looked cleaner and less "busy" without all the cut-outs. The more minimalist, track-oriented spoke design also suits the M2 better IMO. On a larger 4-door saloon, I feel like this general style just look a little out of place and too "bare bones" for such a substantial body size. I bet they look much better on the M2 CS as well.

If they were a no-cost factory option, I could see maybe choosing them for the sake of performance (assuming one is buying the G80 as a dedicated track car), but who is really buying a saloon this big for track-only use? This M3 more than any other is the perfect compromise between a practical every day car and a track-capable beast. I'm simply not going to buy it and then sacrifice the good looks on the street to eek out an extra second around a track. Especially not for $5k+... that's a lot of money and a substantial chunk of the full cost of the car which already gives you wheels that are sexy AF.

All that to say, looks are subjective, and I'm just sharing my thoughts. If you like them, rock them proudly, and don't worry about my silly opinion.