07-26-2016, 07:33 PM   #21
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentien View Post
So after reading around A LOT in various BMW forums, I still can't decide what types of runflat tires are best.

I drive a Modern Line, F30, 2013 328i. The post below says that they should have come with the Continental Sport Contact 5 SSR's, but I believe they came with the Continental Sport Contact SSR's.

Anyone have any ideas? I basically want a tire that runs well over pot holes (comfort), has the same treadlife (so USQG 400 is what my current tires have) and the same grip.

I really like my current tires because I can turn hard until they feel like they are slipping, go further and they feel very forgiving.

Any thoughts? Any experience from other F30 drivers with RFT's that had GOOD experience with their RFT's that they'd like to share?

Thanks in advance!
Are you looking for summer or all season? My 335 came with 18" Michelin Pilot PS/2's which were great. Smooth ride, amazing grip, excellent handling. I put a set of all seasons on 17" rims for winters (Michelin MXM4's) and they were great as well.

My 340 came with the Bridgestone S001's and they ride smooth, but I'm not fond of the handling. I find if pushed coming around a corner, you can feel them roll a lot and slip (and they are 19" wheels!) My SA had Pirilli's on his 335 and he didn't like them at all.

I might sound biased to Michelin, but in the past I've ran Good Year, Michelin, Continental, Toyo, Yokohomo, Norian, etc, and Michelin has always exceeded the others (in my mind). For pure summer tires, apparently the Michelin Super Sport get amazing reviews. Check out tirerack.com, and their reviews if you'd like a bit more info.
Appreciate 0