View Single Post
      12-01-2021, 11:33 AM   #10
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

On the track, if you want the best times, and you're not a professional driver, I'd get the AWD.

I have RWD and I'll be tracking mine next year. I'm not looking to have the best track times, I just want to push the car around at its limit. For me, that's such a thrill on a closed course.

On the street, my RWD can certainly get squirrely, even at highway speeds when you floor it. I like it, but that ain't for everyone. For those that want maximum traction, just get the AWD. It provides loads of performance and less drama in rear world conditions, and then you have the option of 2WD in certain circumstances, with loads of drama. So a no brainer.

There's no real reason to get RWD, especially if you're going to track the car, unless you're trying to save money, or a little weight. AWD simply gives the best of both worlds in most circumstances.

Having said that, I'm very happy with my RWD, love the added challenge and drama of all that power in the rear, and can't wait to track it...and I have no plans to ever trade it in for AWD. It's obviously fast enough (I'm no pink slip racer), and the chassis is super solid (though it still has challenges reigning in all the power once you remove the TC, even in MDM mode). I've really enjoyed driving and learning this car.
Appreciate 1