09-19-2021, 03:30 PM   #3
beachBmmr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 F90 M5 SG/AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren720s View Post
I've tracked both M2C with DCT and currently M4C with ZF. In my opinion, on the track and in manual mode, both transmissions performed equally good and haven't noticed any difference. If you were driving blindfolded on the track, you wouldn't be able to tell which is which except for the sound on downshifts because the ZF doesn't have the same crisp roaring throttle blip / rev match.

For me it's actually on the street, where it's not as intense as on the track, where it's more noticeable that the ZF isn't quite as crisp and as engaging to shift as the DCT.

Best thing to do is to test drive a comp and see for yourself.

It's a bummer that the DCT is gone, but we got the next best thing, which is a very solid and reliable performer even if it's not quite as engaging.

As for AWD vs RWD, we'll have to wait and see which is faster on the track. My opinion is that it will be track dependent and on most tracks, RWD with good tires will be edge out the AWD.
I drive an m4c zf and been in an m2c with dct on the same track. The dct shifts like a kick in the ass. The zf is not as crisp, but gets the job done.
M4Tejas788.00