05-02-2023, 11:50 AM   #1
jimmyf90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Garage List
2023 BMW M5C  [0.00]
Beware of Simon's Shine Shop in Chicago

Reposting from the M5/F90 forum as I’ve seen them recommended on here from time to time.

They have no business doing PPF. There are so many other places: Lustr, Luminescent Detailing, Chicago Auto Pros, Auto Image, All Wraps, and tons of others that can do WAY better work.

I’ve held off on sharing there name for months, this work was done in November, but they don’t want to do anything except redo the entire job, which to me isn’t even remotely acceptable.

There’s not a chance in hell I let them have a second crack at my car.

Here’s the review I left them on Google. I’m not one to review, this is my first ever review: https://g.co/kgs/3Szemj

I didn’t add in the review, but after I showed them the work they said yeah we’ll redo the whole thing. I then called for months without a response. I pulled my call records from Verizon and in the last 60 days I called like 25 times and no one ever answered. Right after calling I called from my work cell and got a someone to pickup 3x in a row. At that point it was apparent they were ignoring me.

They finally replied to an email and said that I voided the warranty by having another shop remove it and that all they were willing to do was redo the whole job. They weren’t even willing to give me $500 back to cover the cost of removing it.

I paid between $6-7K I don’t remember exactly cause it was during their Black Friday sale, which in hindsight is red flag #1.
Appreciate 2
DO4441410.50
02M3ForMe4273.50