Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThugzZ BunnY View Post
there's no doubt in my mind that the chassis will be better. just based on how much better the drive of the g20 is over the terrible f30, it can only be better cause that is the starting point of the M car.
The raving about the front axle vs the F8X has been consistent from the people who have driven it so far so yes, the chassis should be much improved.
It's also just more nose heavy with wider tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenG View Post
I'am really interested to see a review by Chris later on. He refers to the F80 as a near perfect car that could do with a 4WD. I wonder whether the G80 will be able to better the F80 experience. There are a couple of specifications that could trouble that, like weight and torque threshold. For the time being, I'am still expecting frankly that the F80 remains king. Time will tell.
Well, how about they would instead decrease the power output and add lightness? We wouldn't have to have overweight slushbox M3s with xDrive.

Implementing AWD to a very powerful front-engined RWD car is not a real solution but rather a bandaid because the industry and most customers want power and speed without any additional effort required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkap27 View Post
Pretty interesting Harris likes the F80 I think most of the auto community saw it as a bit of a letdown
He's definitely one of the very few UK journalists who like the F80.

Most people also haven't taken it to the track and are capable of driving near the limits of the car in DSC OFF. 😉