View Single Post
      01-14-2023, 11:36 AM   #15
acudaf82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3, 2023 BMW M440i

Waxes, Sealants, and stuff....

I am an experienced car detailer and agree that the right products (put on correctly) can really help protect a vehicles surfaces. One of the important things to consider with a wax is its ability to NOT stain rubbers or other surfaces when applied. Ease of removal is also something to consider. Wolfgang and Pinnacle make EXCELLENT wax products. When considering a wax, you typically get what you pay for. Good waxes are not cheap. DoDo Juice is a good wax as well (I have used it, but prefer the Wolfgang and Pinnacle products). There are a ton of great products on the market - both natural and synthetic.
There is a big difference between carnauba waxes and polymer paint sealants. Both do their respective jobs very well. They also work very well together. New SiO2 products offer superior protection for surfaces and ease of use. I use these regularly in both paint sealant and spray detail products. They work extremely well. If you ask me what the most important thing is - good washing techniques and regular paint maintenance. Ceramic coatings do offer great protection and high gloss....but the surface still needs good maintenance.
Appreciate 0