Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerHellcat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStanman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Why?
There are definitely worse cars to do 200mph in (Plaid, Hellcat, etc.), but also ones that are much better.

I think biggest issue is the lack of aero. The reason this car can hit 200mph is there's not much downforce. With significant downforce, you would need more power.

IME high-speed runs (140+) feel much safer and controlled in cars with cars with aero. My F80 easily had power to reach 155mph but felt pretty sketchy. I imagine it's even sketchier at 200.
You do realize the hellcat top speed is actually 200? So I'm not quite sure how the car that is built to hit that speed in straight line is not as safe as the M3. Having own both. The hellcat definitely feels just as stable as the M3 at these higher speeds. Granted my M3 is governed to 157.

I will say this. Most people that have not gone these higher speed will scream madness. If you have driven at higher speeds. These cars are amazing at these speeds. With that said. I have always driven fast, however once you start pushing above 185, it's even next level fast. I have hit my governor almost 10 times already it really isn't anything to go crazy over about. The 7-8 times where I went above 185 on my hellcat, It's a mind numbing experience, with the hellcat supercharger whine and the v8.
I hope you love and think about your family when you're out doing this.

Grigio Telesto M4, 6MT.
Coyote 5.0 F-150
991 GT3
Appreciate 0