IMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by beden1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
Realistic means it's a representation of reality. I'll take reality.

EVs like a Taycan are fine for driving to work and plugging in at home which is what most people do with their car. They are (currently) far from suitable for track days or weekends in the hills, they are a LONG way from that. The weight and the range being the primary issues. Quick spurts on the on ramp, sure, you can feel a moment of acceleration.

The CSL is extremely special car, super limited, one year, heavy badged BMW made as a streetable track day car, perfect for track days or the weekends in the hills I mentioned. It is the anti-EV. The M4 is just a daily driver, a nice and fun daily driver. Love mine for sure.
I've owned some fast cars in my day including a ZO6, so I wouldn't classify the M4 that I have on order as just a fun daily, but I can live with that analogy or whatever else translates to a fun driving experience.
My definition of a fast car is definitely different than yours.
I wouldn't consider a z06 a fast car and yes I've ran against them on the track and off the track.
They are lite and geared well but I wouldn't take a z06 over my e36 m3.
Every time someone mentions a z06, all I remember is a z06 putting a rod through the block on the track and it's a mess.
But I'll take an m3/4 over any American car any day.
You might disagree but I appreciate the German engineering over the American one.
Appreciate 1