View Single Post
      11-01-2020, 06:02 AM   #10
VetteGuy
Captain
Rep
Drives: Arctic Race Blue M440iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaley View Post
I would also add I think the C8 corvette is about to shake up the sports car market, I envision many non limited edition sports cars in the future losing value rapidly and mfgs having to push out much better cars as a result of competition.

GM is losing money on every sub $85k C8 and $60k starting for a NA mid engine sports car is just too good value.

To Ben's point, It is highly unlikely that a non CS/GTS f82 will increase in value given how many are out there and I think speculating on which car will ultimately have the most collectors value is a fool's errand and time is on your side as the buyer.
The C8 has already shaken the market. Production is sold out through mid 2021 and I personally know several buyers under 40, contrary to the over 60 average for buyers of the C7. It’s just a whole lot of bang for the buck, and a bargain compared to the G8x, unless you need a back seat.

However, the rumor that GM is loosing money on units under $85k is just that, a bad rumor. There is no way that they are loosing a penny on any of them, just making a lot more on highly optioned cars, just like BMW does.
Appreciate 1
Avaley732.00