10-31-2020, 10:10 PM   #8
Avaley
Captain
Rep
Drives: f32 430ix & 982 GT4 PDK

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dovaro View Post
Would it be stupid to order a new F82 now? I still believe its the best looking M so far. I cant just get over the fact that it will be end of production in few months. I don't like the new G82 at all.

Any thoughts before I hit the trigger? I would like also to keep it for long time ( vintage collector's ).

Any tips will be appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABenChod View Post
If it's for vintage collection, personally, I'd get my hands on a more special variant of the F8x gen like the CS/GTS. You'll lose a lot of money on a new F82 (base/competition) since it's nothing special.

Since it's your money, I think you should go for what you like (which for you, undoubtedly is the F8x) irrespective of whether or not the newer G8x is faster. If someone makes you feel like you made the wrong choice by not going for the newer car, tell them to piss off!

P.S.: I don't like anything on the G8x. I'm glad I got an F82 CS.

I would also add I think the C8 corvette is about to shake up the sports car market, I envision many non limited edition sports cars in the future losing value rapidly and mfgs having to push out much better cars as a result of competition.

GM is losing money on every sub $85k C8 and $60k starting for a NA mid engine sports car is just too good value.

To Ben's point, It is highly unlikely that a non CS/GTS f82 will increase in value given how many are out there and I think speculating on which car will ultimately have the most collectors value is a fool's errand and time is on your side as the buyer.
Appreciate 1
dovaro129.50