12-23-2020, 02:59 PM   #46
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Sorry for going off-topic for this comment but is that Latitude Alpin? I’m on the fence between Latitude Alpin and X-Ice for our Cayenne. As you I’m an avid skier and I venture to backcountry access roads where the traction of All-seasons can get a bit sketchy after heavy snow falls even with the rear diff and AWD transfer case locked.

I’m leaning X-Ice due to the square edges providing a better cut through deep snow but the Alpins better road manner on clear roads is tempting. How do you rate the Alpins in a foot of new snow?
I'm running x ice 3 on the S4 right now ... longevity is fantastic and when it gets really nasty on the ground theres no problems.

Downside is dry road traction is rather lackluster. I know it's an Audi, but the car understeers easily on any loopy on-ramps pushing say >60kph, considerably more than summer setup with conti sport contact 6; car does have the mechanical torque vectoring diff fwiw too