View Single Post
      06-13-2022, 09:13 AM   #105
Alachua
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E39 M5, F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BardG View Post
Judging from only my experience, I'm not sure they roll over orders to the next MY. In my case, I had a June 26/22 production date for a MY23, which BMW arbitrarily canceled.

At the very least they will want a "new" order to get the price increase. Also, while I couldn't see any material differences for options, manufacturers often reorganize their packages and sometimes carve out options they can grab a little more money for. (Eg ventilated seats, originally included in a package)

I think when we move from order bank to final configuration there may yet be some surprises. (Eg additional costs)

My two cents….
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimsimmaM340i View Post
BMW wanting a new order/production number for people that flipped from MY22 to MY23 to get the price increase is actually a good point that I had not thought about. I was unsure that my CA knew what the process was when he said I would need to wait for a MY23 allocation when mine was flipped from a 22 to a 23 (I assumed BMW would do it automatically and keep the same prod number).
What about the people who are in Europe who have seen their orders flip to MY23 without intervention?

Are we now saying BMW NA orders will not flip to MY23 without some kind of intervention from our CA?

2005 E46 M3 ZCP, 2002 E39 M5, 2018 F85 X5M Dinan
Appreciate 0