BardG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimsimmaM340i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BardG View Post
Judging from only my experience, I'm not sure they roll over orders to the next MY. In my case, I had a June 26/22 production date for a MY23, which BMW arbitrarily canceled.

At the very least they will want a "new" order to get the price increase. Also, while I couldn't see any material differences for options, manufacturers often reorganize their packages and sometimes carve out options they can grab a little more money for. (Eg ventilated seats, originally included in a package)

My two cents….
BMW wanting a new order/production number for people that flipped from MY22 to MY23 to get the price increase is actually a good point that I had not thought about. I was unsure that my CA knew what the process was when he said I would need to wait for a MY23 allocation when mine was flipped from a 22 to a 23 (I assumed BMW would do it automatically and keep the same prod number).
I think you're right, and more and more I learn how little the SA's actually know. In fairness to them, it seems BMW does not do it very good job of keeping them informed and there seems to be a lack of product knowledge training as well.
Appreciate 0