View Single Post
      10-28-2020, 03:17 PM   #65
whitepony22
Rep
Drives: ‘16 340i, ‘05 STi, ‘91 S13

I'm not sure why anyone would really be upset by this if it allows BMW to still make the cars we want. Quite frankly, I could care less how many obnoxious co-branded concepts, ads, or suvs they made as long as they made profits to keep also making enthusiast driven cars.

And that's the only thing I hate about where BMW (and well all car brands really at this point) are headed. I get it, it's a business, manuals no longer sell, profits! etc etc etc. So sell more mass consumer garbage like a fwd 2 series, make a pickup truck, a van, whatever they need to do. But the whole we're "lucky" to have manual options for the next M3/M4 and I'd assume M2 and that's it sucks for a brand with such heritage and the "ultimate driving machine" as their slogan. I truly think they're missing a market that could make money especially in the next say 10 years when no one is really making a competent manual car that isn't a base model piece of junk with 30hp and roll up windows. I'd gladly pay extra at this point to get a new M340i with a manual, but it's not an option. I've always wanted a BMW growing up, but now that my 340i was totaled I don't know quite know where to go option wise for a car and that's sad. Because any M car isn't great to be beat to death as a daily driver with real annual mileage and the 3 series have always been some of my favorite cars for that reason. Practical yet fun. Maybe they'll follow Aston Martin in years to come when no manuals are really left, but for today I wish I could just roll back the clock 10 years not because of their branding, but just their overall offering.
Appreciate 0