10-15-2020, 08:18 AM   #562
Rick955
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingi View Post
You reaaaaaallly overestimate the amount of people that are willing to do any major mods to their cars. I'm pretty sure percentage wise the number of people that will replace their front bumper and grille is negligible. Not even talking about loosing your insurance if you modify your car (something that is often overlooked here...)
Yeah, especially if you lease. Outside of a mod that just allows you to easily remove the old, pop on the new in place, then swap them back out when you return the car, you risk issues with a lease return. Even if I owned it outright, I wouldn't even consider it unless it was something easy to do, and at a minimum, give the new owner the option to just swap it back out when selling it.

But that won't stop 3rd party companies from jumping on the opportunities... we'll see all sorts of things... from simple bras to major changes. It will be kind of crazy to see how many front end modifications will be out there several years from now. You may not even recognize the car from your rearview mirror!
Appreciate 0