View Single Post
      11-29-2021, 09:23 AM   #471
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
I posted in here a while back that you should run a H or X to merge the pulses, otherwise it would sound more raspy. This was the one thing you could do to make F8X sound even worse IMO, and I imagined it would do something similar on G8X. This system is unmerged, and to me it sounds much raspier / tinnier and not good; it sorely needs an H in there somewhere. Valves closed has merging thru the muffler, valves open is primarily unmerged as most pulses bypass the muffler completely. No offense to the guy running it of course, just my take. And if you guys like a more “S55” type sound, this would certainly get you there.

Edit: For anyone who replaced both resonators with straight pipes (unmerged), the secondary cats still absorb enough sound/rasp that it doesn’t sound as raspy as this, however, this will be the outcome if you remove your secondary cats. The factory resonators are merge points and do not act as a pure straight thru (same design as F8X with perforations).
Concur, I have my secondary cats intact but went straight back with this sound (Im fine with it):

2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0