akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX_M3 View Post
This thread hit the nail on the head on a few topics - I have a F80 CS with a lease ending in February with an order submitted (but no production number) for a G80. I live in TX so I paid all of the sales tax up front (ugh) so I'm leaning towards starting the process of buying my CS now and then selling it however I want to sell it when the G80 comes in…

And then there's the G80 itself. I'm sure it's going to be a much better daily driver 350 days out of the year but whether it's as much fun on track and on backroads is my main concern. I drove it at M Track Days and was thoroughly impressed with the handling and I didn't hate the transmission. But I do hear the concerns on it being "numb" - I had the same takeaway after driving the M5 Comp in Thermal. Super fast but not as exciting as the F8X…

Obvious sarcasm here so don't roast me: I guess it really comes down to whether the ventilated seats and power trunk in the G80 make up for the loss of crazy fast shifts of the DCT and the somewhat kinda limited edition "specialness" of the CS? Or will it be the return of comfort access that makes me not miss the CS??

Thx for insights on this thread - good to know I'm in good company on this decision. I seriously change my mind about 2-3x per day but typically lean towards getting the G80.
I remember people saying the f80 was "numb" compared to the e92 and I didn't think that at all. My guess is that once you get used to the new car, you will not miss the older platform. That seems to be what happens with each new iteration.

My CS went in for service today and I was able to see a newly delivered g80 in person. It was already sold so not test-drive but one thing I was worried about was the size (I hear it is a big as an e39 M5) but it did not seem overly huge to me. I guess at this point, I am leaning toward the g80. I have a few months left to really decide.
People are going to be saying that after every car trade all the way up until they're in an M car that is self driving only.
Appreciate 0