11-11-2023, 07:20 PM   #91
24M4
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 G82 M4 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupeskew View Post
I assume it would fit a G82 or G83 M4 as well? Anyone have experience with this for either of those models?
Thanks
I can confirm Zunsport’s mesh grille cover does indeed fit a G82 M4. Just installed it today on my 2024 with direct fit to the stock bolts up forward. It overs the oil cooler like a glove, and there are zero added clearance issues as I’ve seen with Turner’s skid plate which adds about 1.5”(?) under the rubber dam.

The ONLY critique I have is that you have to drill two small self tapped screws in the plastic molding just past the backend of the cooler’s rubber trim border. I, of course, removed the entire plastic trim piece to inspect and ensure I wouldn’nt be drilling into or close to oil cooler piping. I can confirm there is plenty clearance if you use the two provided screws that come in the kit.

Overall 4.8 stars, only because of having to drill into otherwise untapped plastic trim. Otherwise, a smart buy if you don’t want to fork out $450+ for a beefier plate.

As for airflow restrictions, I ran decently hard on a hot day in stop-and-go traffic, as well as a few hard pulls on open road and noted NO difference at all in oil temps.

Definitely would recommend if you are ok with not having the “armor plating” that Turner’s unit provides.
Appreciate 8
Mike02z2066.00
PipeM3200.50
DSTR1280.00
Lupeskew639.50
2011ninja3414.00