View Single Post
      05-05-2021, 10:30 AM   #4
Solarium
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ximian View Post
Can't compare to an F8x, but the G80 ride is comfortable enough for an M car in the back. A regular 3 series would be noticeably more comfortable.

The ride quality isn't going to bother infants, might even help some fall asleep. Noise at highway speeds would be my biggest concern as that was the only thing that woke up my kids as newborns.

"Loud pipes" don't save lives if I want to drive into you on purpose.
I don't notice that much road noise at highway speeds with the F82, is the G82 louder? Good to hear that suspension doesn't seem to be an issue though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagathus View Post
I have a 4 year old and a 5 month old who both go in the car every single day for one reason or another. We have a Q7 as our main "family car", which I now despise driving after having the M3 for a couple of months. My 4 year old loves the M3 and always wants to take the "fast car". My 5 month old immediately falls asleep and has never been woken up by road noise or by me giving it some potatoes as we overtake someone.

Definitely a bit of road noise, but not terrible, and perfectly usable as a daily with no problem. I typically have engine in sport or sport+, steering in sport, and suspension in comfort, which is still perfectly flat and balanced for most driving
I'm glad your 5 month old tolerates it fine. Mine will be around the same age by the time I get the xDrive. Tunable suspension definitely helps, do you notice much of a change from sport+ suspension to comfort? I'll probably use M1 as the setting I drive when I'm alone and the M2 as the one I drive with family
Appreciate 0