11-30-2021, 04:53 PM   #248
Rasco
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda6 View Post
BMW is doing exactly what they are supposed to be doing. Setting up to make millions/billions for their next "BMW" generation. I'm sure our grand and great grandfather's would look at the F06 M6 or F86 X6M with the same confusion, but look how great they sold and how iconic they are. They (BMW) aren't making cars for us anymore they are making cars for the future us and our children who are into the looks and styles that the new cars come with. I take my hat off to BMW for always leading the charge for innovation and technology as well as breathtaking designs no matter what our personal opinion of them are.
That's all well and good except the "future us" are still……. us, and we all (generally) think that new BMW's look shite, I for one cannot justify buying one and our children A) aren't old enough to buy one, B) can't afford one and C) don't care about cars in the same way we do.

Compared with e46, e90, F36 these were beautiful evolutionary cars with a design ethos and a theme or themes that aided how those cars DROVE, BMWs were beautiful AND great to drive. Such a shame