03-30-2021, 02:57 PM   #91
cpippolo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
I've heard the same thing about the website. Don't you have a scheduled build week? My CA sent me that after he got the order in. It was on the form he got back from BMW. I'm in the same place trying to figure out when the PCD will be, although I'm assuming they can't really schedule it until maybe the car is on the truck from the port to the PC because of variable port times. I'm expecting to have maybe a week or 2 warning?
He told me a build week in May (thought he said 18th, but perhaps it was the 16th), but when he texted me a picture of the order printout the production date field was blank.

On PCD, I was under the impression that they give you a lot more notice than that. They probably bake some cushion into the schedule, but I was led to expect a call no later than the time it enters production, and it sounded a lot sooner. They need to book you a room at the hotel, among other things. I guess if you want to get the car at the earliest possible date, maybe you can wait until it's on a ship. I would rather not have to pay last minute airfare or have to do a ton of calls and meetings on the way back.
Appreciate 0