View Single Post
      05-20-2023, 10:09 PM   #1
Malloy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '05 M3 | 6MT | Slicktop

Post British Racing Green / Tartufo G80 M3 Competition xDrive - 14k miles and counting!

My IG: @mkiimike

I’ve always said an AWD M3 would be my ultimate daily.

I bought my first BMW about 10 years ago – a 53k mile e46 M3. Silver Grey, 6MT, sunroof delete, Impuls cloth car with just 2 options: bi-xenon and seat heat. I bought it with the intent to drive daily (12k-15k miles /yr) but ditched that idea after the first winter. Specifically, the winter with the 2nd highest snowfall in recorded history Winter tires are cool and all, but it was hardly an ideal situation. I still have the car and it’s about to pass 90k miles.

I quickly picked up my first F31, an xDrive Estoril Blue, MSport diesel. Ran that for 3 years then picked up another F31, an xDrive Alpine White, MSport gasser which I ran for ~6 years. I bought the AW F31 with the full intent of keeping it for 10++ years as it checks most of the boxes on my ideal daily driver list.

BMW killed my 10 year plan with the G80 xDrive release. I thought it would be awesome in BRG after seeing a few standard color G80s in person but didn’t have the guts to blindly order BRG. The first known pics surfaced in this thread (https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?t=1807735_ but follow up content was scarce. I wanted to see at least one in person or find more pics online before ordering. Thankfully, IND debuted their BRG M4 repaint at the 2021 SEMA Show and seeing it under the convention center lights locked me in. I later learned than they sprayed the e36 variant, which has more green than blue under tones. I like both.

Build:
My e46 M3 brother Frank Milio (now at DARCARS) sold me this build in January 2022 at MSRP with no sneaky finance markups. The G80 has a bunch of crazy styling elements that I hoped to tone down a bit with these choices. Class it up a bit.

I bought this to be a 12k-15k mile /year, 4 season daily that will park in a Philadelphia alley.

-British Racing Green Individual
-Tarfufo full interior (the full is awesome despite the high price and the lack of leather on the door to the left of the steering wheel - wtf)
-Individual piano black trim (Full Tartufo + gloss black and silver are enough interior texture for me – the piano matches the gloss black)
-Driving assistance professional package (very handy on a daily)
-Executive package
-Ventilated seats
-Wireless charging
-Icon Adaptive LED headlights with Laserlight (I like the contrast of the non Shadowline)
-Extended Shadowline trim deletion (the car has enough exterior black trim!)
-825M bi-color wheels (nice pop against BRG, which looks very dark most of the time)
-Black calipers (any other non CCB color seems busy against BRG to me, plus I don’t like to highlight the rear calipers)
-Standard emblems (50th badges are too busy for this color combo)

The car arrived at BMW of Westchester on August 2nd 2022. It was dropped off at AutoCouture Motoring on August 20th 2022 for the first rounds of mods. I can’t say enough about Tommy and his team – they set the standard for BMW performance and service.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/hi...8094788131561/

Round 1:
-Akrapovic slip-on with octagonal tips – unique new design for a uniquely styled car ☺
-Eventuri intake – simply the best, nuff said
-KW HAS –I’ve never had a car with adaptive shocks so there is no way I’m going to a replacement coil-over setup
-Future Classic wheel spacers –F: 15mm R: 12mm
-Evolve shift paddles – the perfect OE + upgrade
-Race Chip GTS Black plug and play piggyback - smooth, effortless 100+ HP/TQ – set it and forget it
-M Performance brake ducts
-IND painted front reflectors
-IND Painted stock engine cover
-Axxeon rear reflector deletes

Round 2:
-Akrapovic diffuser with black outline – they offer full carbon or this version with the black paint that integrates nicely with the stock pieces. I don’t want a ton of carbon on the exterior.
-Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 – experts claim all season = no season. I’m not an expert but the car handles quite well and these tires will get me through cold weather and reasonable snow. The stock Pirellis were awful.
-Karbonius strut bar with black mounting tab
-Motorsport+ Yellow DRL kit – both F31s and e46 had yellow fogs. I like yellow lights.
-M Performance gas cap cover – I know, I know
-3D Design key case -this is very nice!

Next up:
-Front amber marker deactivation (advanced coding)
-Rear fog activation – this might be cost prohibitive but I’ll look into it
-Summer wheels - I hope to find wheels that I love. BBS FI-R EVO may be the choice but the price is hard to swallow. Till then, the bicolor 825s look awesome against the BRG.

Huge thanks to IND and ACM for providing most of the parts and labor!
IND-Distribution Matt@AUTOcouture Evolve Automotive

Received: August 2022
Current: 13,223 miles

Photos: @vinrino

Last edited by Malloy; 05-30-2023 at 10:04 PM..
Appreciate 16
kgelfen3602273.50
Jim B1908.00
chicagofan0019296.00
manuelf353.50
wtwo318066.00
Roth517446.00
RockinPA4860.00
DimM3302.00
MMM.PWR3455.00
LuckyBrand1441.50
AlexN176.00