bmwdrive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
A last gen Macan drives better than an M340i. Its not faster its just a better feeling car IMO.

I have not driven the refreshed Macan.
Porsche does this better than anyone. The precision and tuning of everything to make the car feel right. Even our Cayenne has this in spades, it's a car you just want to drive and drive, it gives you that "driver's high" whether you zip around town or go on a 12h road trip. It's like Porsche tune these meticulously with pleasure sensors connected to the test drivers to make sure they register at the top of the scale all the time...

Obviously in case of the Cayenne that cohesive, responsive, athletic feel start falling apart when you start asking it to do things it's not meant to. The tranny gets to slow, the weight and high center of gravity get felt etc, etc but within it's range it's more often than not more satisfying to drive than the F80. The F80 on the other hand shines more the harder you push it.

A 992 is the best of both worlds based on my limited test drive experience. It's a pain as a family car though...
I'm surprised that the Macan would compare to a true sports sedan. I might need to drive it. Although the redesigned version is coming out soon. I did test drive a 911. And yeah. It's fantastic even in the base model that I drove. I wasn't so excited about the price.

I'm coming to the conclusion that I want an M3. Or an M2.
Appreciate 1
solstice5457.50