G80DGM3CX
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassComp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by exmowner View Post
Really sorry this happened to you... I wouldn't sell the parts you have so quickly.

I understand you don't want to deal with this particular dealership again but hear me out. You have a lot more ''pull'' then you think. If you were to go to the dealer in person and sit down with the GM I'm sure you'd get an allocation.

You were worried about getting your deposit back as if it was a shady no name used car lot. Truth is they had no choice but to refund you. Having been a Gm in the past I can tell you bad reviews hurt, multiple bad reviews across all platforms hurt more.

As for the way you spoke by text, was it a contributing factor sure but had this been before the pandemic and this ''dealers doing us a favor'' style of thinking it would not have happened.

If all else fails, call around many dealers are at MSRP right now. Climate is changing rapidly.

Good luck!
Thank you for the kind words.

I've decided to sit on the sidelines a bit, especially with the stock market tanking as it has been of lately, and give it another go maybe come November/December....this way I would most likely receive the vehicle after the Winter which is OK by me. But if an allocation for a different vehicle on my original short list were to become available at MSRP or better, and with delivery within a relatively short time frame, I might go that direction instead.

As of right now believe it or not, all the BMW dealerships near where I live in Massachusetts were still asking ADM with 1 year waits. To date, Tulley has been the only dealership that has got back to me with an MSRP deal.
I have noticed that, two of the places that originally quoted me at msrp now are doing ADM, tough to hear.

Don't know if you tried Warwick or Peabody, but they also quoted me at msrp when I first was searching, might be worth checking with them to see if that is still the case, they did have longer wait times unfortunately as well.

2016 991 GT3
Appreciate 2
MassComp2123.50
Rux643.50