Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideontwo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjamz View Post
ICE cars solved the pollution crisis of NYC where horse crap was piled feet high on the sides of the road. I'm sure people lamented they couldn't ride their horsies around as well. EVs will take over ICE and as drivers we'll work out ways to enjoy them. The newer models seems to be cracking smiles - I'm sure we'll all manage fine.
So by this example you believe Electric cars will solve NYC pollution caused by ICE cars? Have you been to NYC recently, and by that I mean pre-covid19 pandemic? The biggest polluters are Tour Buses, Trucks (transportation/building aka Cement trucks/Delivery trucks (UPS/FedEX, industry within NYC). Let's not even talk about the Ferries that transport commuters on the waterways or the massive container ships and Cruise boats.

The NYS DEC/DEP are a total joke, same goes for the EPA in general. The people in power are hypocrites and are totally clueless.
I'm just having fun here so not intended to be making a technical point about one generation solving the previous generation's pollution issues. I do note though that EVs aren't just cars. They encompass trucks, buses, ferries, trains and planes - all of which are in various stages of transition to full electrification as battery tech and grid distribution levels up.

And that all said… I couldn't resist sharing these photos of the Great NYC Horse Crap Crisis of 1894.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
akkando5864.50