07-27-2021, 08:36 AM   #21
Der_Wolf
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G82 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Eight View Post
as far as I know, the next M5 will be with the S58 + Hybrid module. That's why my brother bought an M8.

The S58 is already EU7 complaint though. So, I think that our "problems" will be moved above 2030. An electrifed S58 is something completely different compared to an electrifed B48 for instance.

I don't like what MB did with the C63, but I don't mind, as I don't like MB at all. So to me, if BMW will keep the iconical inline 6 even with some electrification, it'll be good to me.

If you look at what Ferrari is doing with the new V6 engine, to me these are only good news. I've never appreciated the latest Ferrari turbo v8 engines sound, and as the new v6 really sounds like a V12 (i can enesure you what i'm saying), that's why I've ordered one.

I know that for many petrolheads of us, this decade is the last one to own and put in our garages something that embrace our childhood dreams. I'm lucky enough to have my brother with the same "big engine" passion, so we'll build up step by step a 5/6 pieces garage in the next years to allow us to drive our drem cars even with an electrified car or maybe a full electric car parked on the driveway to go to work in the morning.

So, my advice is, look at something that will you keep back to your dreams every time you'll enter into the garage, buy it and hold it when it won't be possibile to buy ICE cars anymore in the near future.

Then embrace the progress, we cannot do nothing to stop it. But don't think at the future, it doesn't matter....enjoy what you can expercience NOW. Reading something such as "i'm waiting for the my 23 M3 model to wait for the new dash" is something that I consider really stupid for example, as all of us will have a lot of time to use all touch dashboards in the future.
Have you heard the 296 in person? I find ferraris claim of it sounding like the v12s little brother a bit unlikely. It's a cool car though. For me, I'd prefer a F8 Tributo with a Novitec exhaust (Or a Pista if I could get an allocation lol). I just prefer the looks of the F8 more than the 296.

///M
Appreciate 0