Originally Posted by 2011ninja View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagathus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der_Wolf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckybadger View Post
Electric is the future.
Because it is being forced on us. I have no qualms against electric vehicles. As a transportation only device, it does a fantastic job. However, as a device that brings joy, it will never get anywhere close to ICE cars. It just pisses me off that the world wide auto industry accounts for 30% of pollution, but these massive factories and cruise liners can apparently pollute as much as they want and not get punished. Once again, big money fucks average man in the ass. I wish the progression was more natural instead of some BS cop out these governments are pulling so they can pretend like they are doing something nice while still getting their pockets lined from the big boys. /rant
Not to mention the massive environmental problems of disposing of batteries + the abomination of rare earth mineral mining, which everyone is pretending doesn't exist. There are literally not enough materials available to replace every ICE car with electric, but we're sort of just hoping the technology catches up.

It's a bit the same with diesel - you get so many diesel cars in Europe because they were forced on the population with the promise of "clean" diesel and greater fuel efficiency. Fast forward 20 years and there are massive soot problems.

Modern ICE cars in western countries do jack to the environment, but buying a Tesla is a way for rich westerners to pretend they're saving the world
Ohhh the web we weave.

My son just got his undergrad in environmental science and is starting his masters. Normally I don't post personal stuff about family. This actually hits home for me because I'm an avid fisherman/angler.
Some of the stuff I've learned from him and just reading; very interesting and life changing!
Yeah, cruise liners are really bad for the fish aren't they

///M
Appreciate 1
2011ninja3397.50