Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011ninja View Post
It's difficult to repeat same time over and over again.

I'm more knowledgeable about motorcycle racing and it's difficult to be consistent.

With a 1 second margin; on any given day the base could beat the competition for best lap time.

I'd like to see several laps done and avg time.

I have no dog in this race... just my thoughts
For sure, G8X on PS4S around Hockenheim GP would have a tough time achieving just 2 consecutive max pace hot laps, let alone more.

But more than most testing groups, confident that Sport Auto gets close to the best lap time from each car. Believe they also indicate ambient temps in their written publication, which is spot on.
These reviews tend to be supported by the factory, so have a team of technical bods on hand to ensure car performs as it should, new tyres, brake pads, pressures, fuel type, etc.

The driver probably gets a few sessions of practice as well as one or two quali style timed runs. For reference. The driver being a racing driver and a Hockenheim circuit veteran means a pretty accurate account of a single timed run.

Whilst the times are very impressive, what is unknown is how consistently the car would lap a 5-10 lap stint. Important for Track day drivers, and how good it feels at that pace. The 6MT lap looked not much fun at all, but hopefully at 8/10ths the car feels more connected than it looked on the wild 10/10ths lap we saw.
Appreciate 1
CanAutM321121.00