View Single Post
      01-28-2021, 01:20 AM   #42
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

OP welcome to being a dad and a car enthusiast. People handle this in many different ways. I know a mother of three that daily-drives a 1983 911 with a testy clutch....Others will buy a Large Suburban for one kid.

Being a father of 3 and manual transmission fan - The F80/6MT was a sweet spot, I really enjoyed it as a family hauler and did many road trips with my wife and 3 kids no issue. If the new model has roof-rack inserts (people say yes, but I have not seen proof) that will be of great value for family driving. But, it does not solve the one car do it all for winter for me, because I drive to the mountains on steep hills and inclines, so I need an additional vehicle.

My current daily is a Golf R with a cargo box and it has been great actually, it is so much more roomy than you would think, but I am considering a G80 RWD manual and using my off-roader for ski trips....not sure, because I do like my winter driving in something sporty.

Just an FYI - CTV5 is leaked to have AWD/6MT. If this leak is correct, that could be a great car, but it will be more expensive and harder to attain than the G80. I think it is going to be vey popular.

Just some random thoughts from someone who has/is hauling kids around in many different manual trans sporty cars....

Best of luck!
Appreciate 1
PLF693766.00