View Single Post
      01-16-2021, 02:35 PM   #41
PLF69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
One thing to remember, newborn car seats and the rear facing stage for convertible (next step after newborn) are the bulkiest of the car seats you will be buying. They will not fit easily into any car with track aspirations that is smaller than an M3. If you have friends with a young one I would borrow a seat and try setting one up in your m2 to get an idea for what the daily car seat grind will be in a small car. Most talking 911 are thinking toddlers who sit front facing., I sure you will find some who figured out the contortion needed for small cars and newborn seats.

My advice would be
-Keep m2 for track duty and "daddy time"
-Pass Audi to SO
-Get smaller awd sport Sedan or sport suv for daily
Thanks for your input.

After talking to my track buddies today and thinking a lot about it I feel like going G80 route would suit best my need but with some concessions.

One of the reasons to make a move sonner than later is instead of redoing my M2 suspension now and maybe do a part out in less than a year I do it now and car is ready to sell wich may also take some time, who knows.

Ive come to the conclusion that I am ready to make a few concessions to fit all my want/needs.
- G80 (fonctionnal to transport todddler if needed)
- Manual (fills my need for more street engagment/enjoyment)
- RWD (concession but better on track/weight)
- Carbon seats (less comfort but concession for track enjoyment)

My wife will be at home for a full year from July/August so the Audi will be available if there is a big storm for the next winter. There is some cost savings to be had by having only two cars also, plates, fuel, maintenance etc. If I don't like it after a year I just buy another daily and will still have the G80 as weekend/track car wich I will probably be much more tempted to take for joy ride etc. There is also some excitment of discovering the ''new'' thing.
Daily/Family: 2021 Atlas Cross Sport 3.6
Appreciate 0