View Single Post
      12-31-2020, 07:39 AM   #29
PLF69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jninja View Post
I read the OP twice. I can't make sense of some of the details/question.

You're having a kid so you are going from 3 cars down to 2 (because the civic isn't up to snuff for the kid)....and now you want a 'do it all' (including track time) car...

*head scratching*

Why not just replace the civic with a $10k-$20k vehicle that fits the bill....why: gain a kid, lose a vehicle, and compromise your 'weekend' 'track car'?? I can't see how it's the money- as your talking about $100k+ vehicles...

*more head scratching*

As it is the M3 is a compromised track car imo (g80 4,000lbs; auto trans; 'do it all'). It sounds like your M2 fit your weekend car bill...Idk, I just can't wrap my head around the premise.

I get it that many people would like a well rounded car that leans towards certain traits- I've been one of them. I just don't get where you're coming from in this 'musical cars' idea given the situation you described. It sounds like you just want to get a new car, and only want 2 vehicles now, and therefore want to dump the civic and M2- if so then there's plenty of well rounded vehicles that CaN be tracked, and fit the other bills— and there's a direct correlation between which bills, to what extent, and the price.
I think it's normal the first post is hard to make sense of, It's like asking the impossible.

I was curious about having more opinions on this idea, it's why I created this thread in the first place.

As more ppl shim in with various experiences I realize that the confusion I feel means there is no absolute best choice. One thing that will clear things up is drive the G80, it should be easier to wrap a head around this afterwards.
Daily/Family: 2021 Atlas Cross Sport 3.6
Appreciate 0