View Single Post
      03-23-2023, 11:58 AM   #8
FTS
Enjoying driving
United_States
Rep
Drives: 645

On the serious side:

I do not think you are being forced into EVs now. We are given a heads up, and have several years ahead of us before we compromise our driving pleasures. In the meantime, governments are strongly encouraging companies in developing better alternative fuel sources, including hydrogen, synthetic, electric, etc. Because, if this left up to us, we will prefer to keep our pleasures intact since we don't see the impact of fossil fuels in our daily lives directly. All of the reports, modeling, calculations and predictions tell us is that the day we feel the impact of fossil fuel consumption individually on a daily basis, we will not have the chance to do anything about it.

If you don't believe in anything, you can certainly appreciate that the future, as we move forward without changing anything, is much darker than otherwise. For example, if we are on a plane, and I tell you that two out of four parachutes available don't work, would you take the chance and jump off the plane mid-air or do all you can to land it safely and intact even if you don't know how pilot a plane?

The exception I am taking here is that we should demand more from auto manufacturers. We take the easy way out, I like driving ICE, so let's make it someone else's problem to solve. It is up to us, not just governments, and certainly don't expect anything good out of companies.
Appreciate 0