View Single Post
      03-23-2023, 11:37 AM   #7
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Yes I don’t like the way we’re being forced into adopting a technology that doesn’t work for everybody

I’m not against EVs but they don’t work for everybody and think here that’s people who cannot charge them at home or are travelling relatively large distances

People will adopt the solution that works for them best and they may be EV or it may be petrol or diesel but I do disagree with being forced down one route

In the U.K. the ban on selling new I E is 2030.
I personally think that may slip as the charging infrastructure is not up to what is required now and would need to expand at a very considerable rate to catch up and meet projected requirements

Would synthetic fuels be the answer ? Whilst they produce co2 out of the exhaust , it’s not new co2 so it’s not adding to it(assuming the fuel is produced cleanly)

I really saddens me what’s going on and the future for driving for pleasure here in the U.K. doesn’t look great to me.

I think people will push back on this more over time as this net zero really starts to impact on people’s lives.
Appreciate 1
Jim B1895.00