Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440xiGCMSport2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
why people will do that is out of my understanding. Looks out of place, not to mention how the heck you will clean all the residuals, sand, mud and everything that will retain moisture if you do that?
I have a hard time cleaning it as is...
Lowering? Well it does have performance benefits even if you don't like the aesthetics.
Can you tell me of the performance benefits of just adding lowering springs?
There are zero performance benefits to lowering springs. All it does is reduce suspension travel, which means the dampers engage the bump stops earlier reducing the cars ability to absorb energy through the suspension i.e reduces grip. Lowering springs are garbage, and in this case aesthetically it doesn't even look good. Always amazes me people drop $80k on a car then cripple it's handling with cheap springs. It's effectively throwing away thousands of hours M division engineering on suspension and kinematics for nothing.
Ok wasn't wrong thinking bunch of people just want to undo what M spent a lot of time on. From my experience the only thing that helped performance was a very good set of properly done coilovers with parts to adjust for lowered stance, an not just any cheap Coilovers.
Just thought the other guy knew something I didn't know or he needed to be informed.
Appreciate 1
Montaver2180.50