View Single Post
      12-14-2023, 05:17 PM   #54
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by godunovs65 View Post
Thank you for sharing your photos and your opinion! Definitely worth ordering the sunroof. It may have saved your life those three times too. I live in the DC area, we get plenty of light all year long, so I understand you completely. Also, I was puzzled by the first picture. I thought it was a carbon roof with a sunroof. Where did you get that done?
LOL at the sunroof maybe saving my life. Hmmm... I can't argue with that.

And yes, love my sunroof. I rarely close the shade (closed only to block the sun on hot, summer days), and I never do during the winter. I love all the light filtering in from above.

And yes, most people, even enthusiasts, think I have a carbon roof, and then some realize I have a sunroof and go, "Hey, wait a minute? Do they make C/F roofs with sunroofs now?" The wrap looks quite authentic.

When I bought my car, I drove straight to A Plus Auto Styling in Forest Hill, MD - aplusautostyling.com - an hour away, in the right lane, under the speed limit, keeping like 10 car lengths in front when possible (more if there was a truck) ...to have my full front PPF completed, and they tinted my windows. And then they recommended the carbon fiber wrap on the roof, to match all my other C/F factory bits. They had an R8 in the shop with the same wrap and I was indeed impressed. They said they could always pull it off if I didn't like it, but I ended up really liking it.

Looking back, I wish I would have skipped the entire ceramic package and had them PPF the whole car instead. The doors and rear fenders get unavoidable rock chips as well, especially if you get spacers...and sometimes the rocks fly in from other passing cars and trucks when they hit a bump or something. But I digress....

If you like sunroofs, get the sunroof...

Last edited by KevinGS; 12-14-2023 at 07:32 PM..
Appreciate 3