View Single Post
      08-20-2023, 08:27 AM   #13
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10SecGG View Post
I'm actually in the D/FW region... We just drove with guys from all across Texas on a regular basis when we had our GT3. Always had a positive experience with any of those meet and drives. But to make another point, I'm not much of a Cars and Coffee kinda guy. My impression of those crowds are the arrogant douche types. I'd rather drive my cars than stand around and talk about them to a can you top this group.
Depends on the C&C group

In general, and with "meets", yeah, I see a lot of that. Our PCA C&C and the 1-2 Houston BMWCCA ones I attended were pretty chill. Most guys (and some ladies believe it or not) are very chill, no peacocking, just shooting the crap with like-minded individuals. Most of the time it's not about "look what I've got" it's more about "hey, good to see you again, how's your family, what have you been doing".

Although a few months ago, one of the guys was trying to mansplain to a woman about track driving and why certain cars and options were no good for the track. It was cringey enough but for the fact that she has a Shark Blue GT4 she regularly tracks.
Appreciate 1
10SecGG505.50