04-19-2024, 08:49 AM   #19
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30M View Post
ah yes the DME throttle response trick by BMW again

i have this M550i that has around the same power as the existing M5 of that time

so what did BMW do, they map the DME to give zero throttle response for what feels like a whole second when i press gas on the 550. still looking for a fix.

sounds like the CS has the anti-handicap applied.
No, that's not it whatsoever.

BMW had that issue in multiple cars. I sold my F10 535i because of it. It was a total cluster...you pressed the gas and NOTHING happened. Not "oh hey, we're holding the car back because of wanting to protect the bigger model" no, if you have a car with this you know NOTHING happened. Like you're trying to move and the car won't start going, and you're making a left across traffic and freaking out. I couldn't drive the car like that. My wife thought I was being a freak and so she drove the car for 6 months and said "sell it".

I have a G80 CX and have had the CS trans and steering applied. The CS trans / throttle calibration is just....better. It's more aggressive but still very, very smooth. I'd say that comfort is now like 80% of the stock sport, but that it doesn't hold gears as long. It's nearly perfect. I say nearly because in Sport plus, the shifts are HARD. As in hard enough to cause the car to get upset. The only way to make them not hard is to shift at big, big throttle openings.

So no, it's not simply what you described.
Appreciate 0