View Single Post
      01-30-2024, 09:25 PM   #16
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilma View Post
I wonder about that sometimes......even though they can't read the front plate because you don't have one - I think they can scan the rear plate since cameras face both directions.

I think I did drive by one of those OPP cruisers parked on the 410 some time ago.

According to that article they seem to be looking for stolen plates or outstanding warrants and suspended drivers more that lack of a front plate....but still
If you don't have a front plate it will still notify them, and they can choose to act on it or not (or if they are driving by you, the front or rear cameras can check your plate). They are also pulling people over for expired plate registration (now that we don't have validation stickers). I've heard a lot on other forums of people getting pulled over way more for tinted plates (since the cameras can't identify the plate so it notifies the officer). All very annoying...I know, if you follow the law it shouldn't be annoying lol. I wish Ford had just done away the front plates when he was contemplating it back in 2019.