10-23-2021, 07:55 AM   #38
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garycoral View Post
I think there were 3 ingredients in the "Secret Sauce" produced by the C8 team that made it as you say a "Home Run" - Price, exotic exterior, sub 3 second 0-60... The Z06 will flame the price magic, the exterior has largely been displayed by the base, and once under 3 seconds does 2.6 or 2.7 really get folks all that interested? In my view the focus for the Z06 will be the engine sound/revs - Another case of them taking a thing only a Ferrari or LFA owner really got to enjoy and making it much more mainstream - Kudos Chevy! For me - This makes the Z even LESS appealing... I want a fun car to drive I can drive to work daily in Wisconsin - Not something exotic which I think the Z will be.
If you think the Z will be all about 0-60 times you're sadly misinformed. The car was meant to destroy lap times and is rumored to break the 7 minute mark at the ring. Even the monster C7 ZR1 couldn't have done that.

Corvettes in general aren't meant for everyone so there really isn't a point to compare corvettes to the M3/M4. The corvette is in another league.

Especially since the main comparison is the BASE C8 vs "x" car.

There's still like 4 variants left in the C8 lineup lol.

GM will kill the competition before they go all EV for the corvette.
Appreciate 1