View Single Post
      10-23-2021, 07:05 AM   #37
Garycoral
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60 / 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
C8's are running on average 11.2-11.4 real world. Pro drivers tested the car at 11.1 @ 122.

And the M4C definitely does not look better than a C8 lol

Pull up both cars at any spot and the C8 will get all the attention.

And that's still the base car. Styling cues and angles are meant for the WIDEBODY, which is coming next tuesday. The base car doesn't even look like the final product in terms of styling, and yet that still was a homerun for GM.
I think there were 3 ingredients in the "Secret Sauce" produced by the C8 team that made it as you say a "Home Run" - Price, exotic exterior, sub 3 second 0-60... The Z06 will flame the price magic, the exterior has largely been displayed by the base, and once under 3 seconds does 2.6 or 2.7 really get folks all that interested? In my view the focus for the Z06 will be the engine sound/revs - Another case of them taking a thing only a Ferrari or LFA owner really got to enjoy and making it much more mainstream - Kudos Chevy! For me - This makes the Z even LESS appealing... I want a fun car to drive I can drive to work daily in Wisconsin - Not something exotic which I think the Z will be.
Appreciate 0