View Single Post
      02-05-2021, 08:06 PM   #1692
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
This one hurts. Last fall, I had a hankering for potato pancakes, mostly because I'm not allowed to have them. I went to my web search engine du jour, to see if any restaurant in the area had them on the menu. One chain restaurant known for their breakfasts *did* have them, but only on the 55+ seniors menu. Darn my luck!

Here's why it hurts. Four months later, it just occurred to me today that I am over 55, and could ethically have ordered them from the 55+ senior menu! D'oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the benefit of other young old farts reading this, among the restaurant chains in our area with special 55+ menus are Dennys, IHOP, and Perkins. A quick web search will yield a surprising list of other casual and fast food restaurants that, while they don't have special 55+ menus, give 10% or more discounts to the 55+ crowd.

You know you're old when...you are actually thinking about going to Arby's right now just to see if you can score the 10% discount they offer for 55+ seniors. You're REALLY old if you're actually mapping a route to the west coast just because Jack-in-the-Box offers 20% discounts for 55+ seniors.

Get off my lawn, kid...and take that two feet of snow with you.....