01-12-2021, 07:50 PM   #165
ABenLauda
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
It brings me great joy to attend so many PCA track days as an instructor every year and show them that they are their 'sacred cars' cannot keep up with old, antiquated technology of an M3. Mind you, this is not achieved by entering the lower rungroups to beat children up, but against the fastest red group 991 GT3 and 991 GT3 RS.

Porsche guys really believe in the infinite superiority of their technical machines' ability, then forget the DRIVER is a very important piece of the puzzle.

The day Porsche is able to provide a 'automatic track driving package', all the GT3 and GT3 RS guys will take it so they can finally get away from simple cars like M3s that somehow manage to be faster than they are. This will be a very popular package!
Indeed today the Porsche guys are not that far away from this. They run with the nannies connected because God forbid they have to actually handle a rear engined car. This of course does not stop them from waxing lyrical about how much better their car is than an M3, yet M3 drivers run with nannies off and they run with them on which is more 'proof' than any idiot at a Cars and Coffee. Which incidentally is where you'll find most of the 'tracktoy' license plate GT3 RSs that wouldn't distinguish a racetrack from a watermelon
To the above, I'd also add:
1) N'ring lap times don't mean sh*t! ///M drivers in the PCA red run group are "the sh*t"! (Porsche - take notes and fire your factory drivers!)
2) The G8x will tear the Porsche GT cars a bigger a**hole than the F8x used to.

Sometimes I forget that this is a BMW forum and then I see this.

Porsche's 'automatic track driving package' (GTx car) is built from the ground up for track duty out of the box (most of them aren't used this way, sadly, but only go back and forth from garage to cars & coffee, but that's an entirely different topic). Could you say that the G8x builders had the same priorities as the GTx car builders? (Jack of all trades but master of none vs. surgical scalpel). That's where the GTx cars are in a different league/realm. Let's give credit and appreciation where it's due.