View Single Post
      01-07-2023, 12:41 AM   #117
Tejas1836
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5MC Workmaster 75

I think most of us old timers need to stop yelling at the clouds. The automotive gestalt is changing at an almost exponential rate and most people do not like rapid change, it is our nature to try and preserve our comfort zone.
We are comfortable with what we grew up with, with what we have owned, driven, lived in over the last 10-20 years. My late grandmother moved from Arkansas to Muskogee OK in a covered wagon and watched man walk on the moon. My late father was a nuclear engineer for General Dynamics and it would be an understatement to say he would be amazed that we have radar on our cars, I still find that amazing. I grew up with a rotary phone in our home and I now have a computer in my pocket millions of times more powerful than the one that landed us on the moon and I can make phone calls with it. Remember Dick Tracy's wrist watch?
I grew up wrenching on everything that I could get my hands on and now lament how difficult it is to wrench on late model motorcycles, cars and now tractors.
With everything new there is good and bad. Some of this objective, I think a lot more subjective. Take the good with the bad, modify both as much as possible to fit our needs, both objectively and subjectively.
Life is so short.
Dark out now, I'll have to wait for the morning to go yell at the clouds.
Regards
Appreciate 0