Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by amzbimmer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by modat View Post
Just bring your own financing. I bet they'll knock it down to 0.9 real quick
Just as a followup to this, I've talked to my dealer about the 0.9% at length, as I understood I was getting the base rate. The purchase agreement was slyly marked up to 1.9%, the payment was updated, but they didn't write down the actual percentage anywhere, so they are holing me to the higher rate. I showed them an earlier paper that wrote the 0.9% but they won't honor that.

I tried everything to convince them to give me the 0.9%, including saying that I have secured my own financing, which they said is fine, and they insist there is no way they can do the 0.9% because they would be "losing money" on the loan.

The sellers market is working strongly in their favor, as they know I'm unlikely to walk away from this car.
Ok that is total BS. Like I said on other recent posts, I don't mind paying fair price for where the market is. What I do mind is being taken advantage of. If you have the .9% in writing and then gave a deposit, what you have is a contract and the dealer is in breach. I'd use that term with the manager and see if it's compelling. I'd also complain to BMWNA. They simply can't put something in writing and then say just kidding.

Now of course there is also reality. They know you want the car and they know you'd probably pay the extra $2,000 to get it.
2016 M235i xdrive, Alpine White, Terra Leather, Orbit Gray Wheels (Sold)
Appreciate 0