04-04-2021, 05:48 AM   #55
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j23 View Post

People have absolutely lost their minds. Old M cars cost as much as new ones. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever and never will. Yes, I get it, "raw", "nimble", "because race car", "lightweight", "small", blah blah blah... I don't care. It's pure and utter fanboism that is driving these prices.

If people stopped modifying their M cars, this ridiculousness would end overnight. The majority of M cars are destroyed by horrendous modifications that result in them looking and driving like shit. If I had a dollar every time I saw a FS post with so-called "tasteful" mods. Tasteful my ass.
Man, I couldn't have written it better.
Nice to see that this issue is not only in my country...
I was looking like an idiot for an F80, its impossible to find one in good conditions (especially because I want MT and they are anyway pretty rare).

I did find one or another with low KM but the Warranty was already through and the prices are astronomical like you say. At this point I said fu** off I just get the new one, screw the 15k more at least I'm the first one planting my ass in it and I have the complete service/warranty.

People are nuts who pay these prices...

and like 90% are modified like colossal BS. What the hell are people thinking??
It's NOT nice to set the car with 50$ springs so low that you can't go over anything on the street without destroying the complete front.
It's NOT nice to change the camber.
It's NOT nice to tune it with a cheap crap software upgrade just to get ridicolous numbers and the reliability is gone.

I just don't get what the hell people are thinking.
There are beautiful modified M cars but they are rare. And I want mine original and if something is modified then with M Performance Parts. End of story.
Appreciate 2
EXE462101.50
j23654.50