kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by iviegatron View Post
Sorry to hear. I agree these windshields are too fragile, despite what others say. I had one crack which was repaired by safelite, I have a 2022 M3. They had trouble finding the car in their system originally, but I told them it's the same as the 2021 models.

The crack they repaired is still visible, it's like a spec on the windshield and my eyes always draw to it, can't unsee it. I can't wait to replace the windshield, right now I have only 1600 miles and the windshield looks like it's been sand blasted.
UGGGHH.. My X5 with just 4000 miles had a chip that was filled in. And today, I saw an even bigger chip on the windshield but thankfully out of the direct line of sight.

My M4's getting the windshield protection along with the full body PPF. Seeing what's happening with the newer dog poo BMW windshields, I'm going to get the new chip filled in and then get the protection on top of that too.