View Single Post
      04-20-2021, 07:38 PM   #6
PeregrineFalcon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: vw cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarrzhp View Post
Different drivers, different days. I disagree that an M4 will demolish a C8 from a dig. I personally recorded 0-60 in 3.1 on a less than ideal surface at Ron Fellows racing school. Multiple videos of stock C8s running high 10s in the 1/4 mile. I do agree that an M4 will beat it from 100km/hr onward. The mid engine and suspension really make the C8 launch well.

And if we are talking mods, you can get a bolt on supercharger for the C8 for $12K in the states good for another 200HP. I'm not a C8 guy, just posting some other bang for the buck modded options.

Yes, I agree most of that list I had is in the same ballpark or a bit higher than a tuned M4 price wise, again in the US.

I'd lean towards the G80 M3 over the M4 and I'd take it over all the cars I listed. Just providing a counterpoint.
I actually really like the C8 inside out, and it is certainly one of the best sports cars for the money, but I think that it stands almost no chance against the AWD M3/4.

All high 10s I have seen were on a drag strip and drag radials, and on normal surface with street tires, for most of the time the C8 was nowhere near that figure, but as you say, 0-60 in 3,1 sec is seriously quick time and it's certainly possible.

Here we have Matt launching the C8 and M4 (on a different day though) just for a fun:

M4 also has higher trap speed, and with AWD I simply can't see C8 being able to keep up with the M4 in 99 out of 100 times on the standard surface.

But I will keep my final judgement for the actual drag race between the two, who knows, maybe I'm wrong
Appreciate 2
mfarrzhp1492.50
Sedan_Clan25169.50