View Single Post
      03-30-2024, 02:07 PM   #32
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwdrive View Post
Why would someone choose the Macan (EV or not) over the M3? Or why would someone choose to own both? It seems to me that the M3 has more room and is also better to drive. I guess ground clearance would be a reason if you have to deal with snow in the winter?
Have you driven a Macan?

The Macan has much more room than a G8x, and is a very well-rounded daily option that is fun to drive (at least in Turbo/GTS trim). I’ve owned both together for a little over a year now, and I find myself driving the Macan 75% or the time. I don’t tend to keep cars very long so not sure what things will look like in 6mos or so if I end up taking delivery of an EV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M View Post
I thought all Macans had the same suspension with the option to get Air and PASM. I don’t believe GTS has any different suspension than the S for example.
Cars with steel springs sit 15mm higher than those with air suspension. You can get AS on all models but it comes standard on the GTS. The GTS also sits 10mm lower than an S/Turbo with AS. However, you can have the dealer (or anyone with PIWIS) adjust the ‘normal’ ride height which is the baseline for the low and off road modes. I currently have my Turbo set ~1” below stock, which is a little lower than the GTS - which IMHO is perfect.